In honor of the New Year, the Women’s Board is looking back on its 15 years:
- Women’s Board membership has grown to 100+ associates!
- The Women’s Board has paved new ways to support women in the auto care industry through initiatives such as:
- Female Service Shop Owner of the Year. This award goes to a deserving female shop owner who has a proven record of excellence in the automotive service industry.
- Women’s Board is active on social media. These platforms allow associates to reach new women in our industry every day. Social Women’s Board members share group updates, news and providing a support system to women near and far and across all job descriptions.
- Woman of the Year. This award goes to a deserving woman based on her longevity in the aftermarket, career accomplishments, leadership capabilities and dedication to the automotive aftermarket industry.
- Community outreach and recruitment to organizations such as Skills USA, Girl Scouts, vocational-technical schools and post-secondary institutions
- Ten years ago, the Women’s Board offered their first scholarship in the amount of $1,000. Today, funding has increased to $15,000 and six scholarships meaning a positive effect on more young women looking to break into the auto industry.
Help the Women’s Board grow! Are you or someone you know a woman in the industry? Learn more about becoming a member or attending a meeting. The next Woman’s Board meeting is the Winter Meeting held Feb. 4-5 in Charleston, S.C. Stay tuned for more updates on our 2014 Summer Meeting!
Help grow our impact! Consider a donation to the Women’s Board. Our second annual silent auction will be at the upcoming Winter Meeting, and we need donations! All money raised goes to the scholarship program and last year over $5,000 was raised! Email email@example.com for more information.